11/23/11

Upside-down Candy corn

[image found here]
I really like candy corn. Like, a lot. None of that autumn mix nonsense. I mean straight up candy corn (although I enjoy the pumpkins, too). And it has to be Brach's. I'm super serious right now. Nothing else compares. I may have even forced my friend Heather to go on a hunt with me when we saw a few pieces spilled in a parking lot in early September.

Now, I've always known that I love candy corn. But my sophomore year of college Grace, my roommate at the time, pointed out that I have a certain candy from every season that I like. This was something I never noticed before. Doesn't everyone look forward to candy corn, robin eggs, jelly beans (black jelly beans, please!) and candy canes? Apparently not.

Well, it just occurred to me today that I don't have a favorite candy for Thanksgiving. Are they still selling candy corn? If they are, then candy corn wins for two holidays. If not, I don't think I have a Thanksgiving candy. Sad.

It probably doesn't help that I don't like pumpkin-flavored treats. That's right. I don't like pumpkin-flavored treats. None of your festive pumpkin spice lattes or cozy-looking pumpkin pies. Sorry, but I can't get into it. So here I am with no candy to eat too much of for the holiday. What's a girl to do? =]

P.S. That same year, Grace and I also had a discussion about which way is right-side-up for candy corn. What do you think? Don't mind the amateur candy corn drawings ...






1 comment:

  1. The pictures did not come though for your poll. But I say wide end on the bottom. Mom

    ReplyDelete