11/18/11

Wake up in the morning ...

[image found here]
Woke up this morning thinking about the Holy Spirit; haven't had that in a while. Can I say how blessing it is to wake up thinking of the Spirit??

I've been going to this 20s & 30s group and we're reading the book Forgotten God (by Francis Chan). This is awesome for multiple reasons, one of them being I read 3/4 of it a while ago but never finished, so this gives me an opportunity to (re)read the whole thing. Plus I'm super excited to be able to grow and learn more about the Spirit.


So here's a thought from last night's message:

The Holy Spirit is transforming us to be what we are created to be in order to do what we are created to do.

There are two parts to that: 1. Transforming - being who we were created to be and 2. Following the Spirit's lead - doing what we were created to do.

1. TRANSFORMING: Are we seeking to be continually transformed by the Spirit? We are told in God's Word that transformation will happen when his Spirit lives in us.
2 Corinthians 3:18And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
2.  FOLLOWING THE SPIRIT'S LEAD: Are we open to following where the Spirit leads? Jesus said that the Helper who was to come would live in us and be with us forever - to help us and guide us.
John 14:16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
God gave us his Spirit so that we would live this out. Are we living it out?


What do you think? Let's talk about it. I love talking about and sharing life as it happens - that's what is cool about this blog. It's a place to do that. The whole dialogue part isn't limited to this blog, either. Facebook/twitter/email/text/call/etc. me =]


2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 


P.S. I got these verses from biblegateway.com ... I'm pretty sure they're all ESV in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Suzie! It was literally an answer to prayer. I prayed last night that God would keep me walking in Him today(and everyday, but today specifically) and he totally spoke through this blog post. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and it's been a rough day, but this was an EXCELLENT reminder of who I need to find my strength from, even when my heart isn't necessarily oriented correctly.

    Keep doing posts like this. It's really cool seeing peoples thoughts on life and their faith.

    ReplyDelete