12/16/11

adventures

392668_301311439909409_166880013352553_921516_310948068_n_large

It has been one month since I started my blog! Yay!

I was thinking about it and I don't really explain why my blog is named "Our Adventurous Hearts." The subtitle says a little bit, but still not much.

So I want to explain this a little more to you:

I've always really liked adventures. Exploring places, discovering new things and experiencing life in different ways. Wikipedia says an adventure is "an exciting or unusual experience; it may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome." Maybe the risky part scares me a little bit, but it is almost always part of an adventure. 

I'm pretty sure most people like adventures. I bet you've had your own. Maybe some of them have been absolutely outrageous. Maybe you look for them. Maybe they find you. No matter how they happen, I'm pretty sure everyone can relate to enjoying adventures to some degree.

I think God made us that way. I mean, when you're living your life for God, you kinda have to view it as an adventure. Cuz if we're honest there is some crazy stuff that goes down when you are following Christ. Both "good" and "bad." I suppose stuff happens no matter if you're living your life for God or not, but it becomes an adventure with a purpose when you've got Jesus. Not only do you have purpose, but you have all these awesome people who are living their life for the same purpose: they're on your side and they're on the same adventure as you! Uhh, cool!

So it's like life becomes this amazing ginormous adventure with teammates all over the place. And they're excited to be living the adventure with you, even when there are risks and even when those risks lead to losses. Because no matter what, we're still all on this amazing adventure with a purpose that never changes: to love God and glorify him (maybe kinda like this?).

This blog is kinda about my life. Kinda about a little bit of everything. Basically about whatever I stinkin want because it's my blog. Life is an adventure. This blog is about life. Life=adventure=blog. Boom shakalaka.

So that's a little more about the name of my blog. I hope that all connected as well in type as it did in my head. I could probably talk forever but no one likes an obnoxiously long blog post so we'll end it here =] Thanks for listening reading!

1 comment:

  1. "An adventure with a purpose" That's a really cool thought. Of course I see a reason for everything everywhere, perhaps to a fault sometimes, but that's what I've been thinking about in the back of my mind for the last few months. Why am I in Dubuque? Still not sure. But there is a reason for it.

    It's awesome that you answer the question of what the purpose is. If we forget(well, me anyway) that we are here to serve God with all of ourselves, it is way too easy to fall into selfish thinking regarding our every moment, to think, "I planned on doing X, but that didn't work, so now I'll be frustrated because I couldn't accomplish what I wanted." So while I'm here for however long that is, I need to remember to honor God with myself wherever I am and not get caught up with my desires, because really, my desires are worth diddly-squat compared to what God wants to do with me.

    To quote Lecrae, "He made us for His Glory and not for your own Homey."

    Great post Suzie!

    ReplyDelete