12/3/11

confession

Confession: I have a bad habit of leaving the water on.


I want to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who has ever been a victim of my inability to remember that the teapot is on. I am sorry.

[that's me!]
I also have to say I don't know how this happens so often. Being someone who has been afraid of fire ever since I can remember (see above picture), it just doesn't make sense. When I think of leaving the water on, this is the series of events that happens in my head:



It's true. When I was younger and I had nightmares about fires, I would wake up in the middle of the night and check downstairs to make sure this wasn't happening to my house. Sound like a little much? Yeah, I didn't like it either. Although I will say there have been a few times this fear has turned out to be helpful. I'm not as scared as I used to be, but I don't appreciate when people are dumb with fire.

Anyway. There you go: my fear of fires + my irresponsible habit = don't line up. I apologize.

1 comment:

  1. At least God puts people around you to help. Like mom who turns the fire off under your pot of boiling water. And remember when grandma fell asleep while making cookies for the college students? You were the one that woke up and smelled that, possibly preventing a fire. See....there's always good things that happen too:) Besides, everyone has a fear of something. Yours just happen to be fire. Tip of the day...don't walk away from the kitchen while tea pot is on. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete