12/9/11

poetry

Tonight I'm going to an open mic. I don't think I've ever been to one before. I was told there will be music and poetry. Pretty cool! When asked if I was going to read a poem I said no, definitely not, but it reminded me of when I was younger and I wanted to be an author and write children's stories and poems. I actually won a young authors' award for a story I wrote in the second grade (don't get too excited, it wasn't that big of a deal; it just makes me feel more qualified if I say that). I haven't written much since gradeschool, except for a few special occasions plus some angsty poems from my high school years that I hopefully discarded. Hmm. Maybe I'll start again.

393351_280764028636324_132560173456711_791819_356892984_n_largeI was gonna share one of my poems from way back when in honor of open mic, but I realized they're in storage. Sorry about that, I know you're disappointed. Maybe another time.

Anyone else create their own poetry or music? Have you ever showcased them at an open mic? Or even been to an open mic?

No comments:

Post a Comment