1/4/12

come away

My family is starting a cooking schedule and yesterday was my night to cook dinner (I made chicken and broccoli pasta).

I see cooking as an opportunity to listen to music. Yesterday's favorite was Jesus Culture's "Come Away" and I couldn't stop listening to it. Looking up the entire lyrics right now I'm like, wait, that's it? There are only 9 lines and they spoke directly to my heart (granted it's a live recording that's almost 8 minutes long with some prayer thrown in there).

Come away with Me, come away with Me
It's never to late, it's not too late
It's not too late for you
I have a plan for you, I have a plan
It's gonna be wild
It's gonna be great
It's gonna be full of Me
Open up your heart and let Me in

Who wouldn't want to hear these words spoken to them? Especially from the loving, sovereign God of the universe?? I was getting so pumped up just listening to these words over and over again. If that doesn't speak to your heart I don't know what will*. Whether you can relate to an adventure or a love story (or both!), God invites us to follow him to the craziest, awesomest life full of his glory!

Our Lord is so good, praise God!



11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

*Actually, I'm positive if this doesn't speak to your heart God has something else in mind =]

2 comments:

  1. That dinner sounds awesome!

    I think one of my favorite ways to describe God after the last few years of my life is "Sovereign". I have listened to a lot, probably too much if I'm being honest, of a theologian named RC Sproul, and he really hits the points of the Glory and Sovereignty of God frequently. This ties back into what I was saying earlier about how every few months I check back in on the concept of Predestination(which Sproul got me thinking about in the first place; Tim Darms can verify this quirk of mine, with his man-giggle I'm sure).

    I believe, and trust me I did not come to this without much study and heart-searching, that God is sovereign over our lives to the very point of our salvation. Now, I used to picture this when I was much younger as this cosmic marionette show where God is this all powerful puppet master, controlling every aspect of creation mechanically behind the scenes. That's not quite right.

    However, I do believe He chooses us and turns our hearts in the right direction and pulls us closer from there. I don't believe that we, or at least myself, have any capability or aptitude in and of ourselves to choose His grace over our own selfish tendencies. This is in direct contradiction to the concept of Free Will, which presupposes an inherent capability in man to choose the correct path.

    Does that make sense?

    Tangents aside, God is good, and I think lately I've had trouble seeing that provision and goodness in spite how well I've been provided for over the last few month, even including car trouble. Maybe especially including car trouble and the fact that I am able to absorb that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, that's a lot longer than it looked when it was in this little box.

    ReplyDelete