1/6/12

God alone

Tumblr_lx8cwmfqqv1r4gcpxo1_500_large
[uhh ... don't read into this picture too much, k?]
In the loneliness that I feel has been part of my life too much lately, I wonder if this is God giving me a learning opportunity?

Well, I'm pretty sure it is.

Not relying entirely on people or turning to them to find what the Lord desires to give me. Longing for that friend-to-friend connection but learning to seek God first instead. To come to him with my sadness and allowing him to comfort me.

Do I know how to go to God for comfort in simple, daily stuff? Or just for the big, life-altering events?

An opportunity to find comfort in God alone. A chance to use this time in my life to learn how to further rely on God.

5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, 
   for my hope is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation,
   my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God rests my salvation and my glory;
   my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
 8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
   pour out your heart before him;
   God is a refuge for us. 

2 comments:

  1. I actually didn't read too much into that Venn diagram. Surprising.

    I think the little stuff is a lot more difficult to trust with. It's easy to see them as stuff that we can take care of completely on our own. While it's true that we are charged to handle tasks, to not recognize God in it isn't right either.

    ReplyDelete