1/21/14

Top 10 of 2013

At some point I have to stop using the number of the year for my top albums. I think I'll stop now, since I'm not extremely passionate about 13 albums from the past year.

To be honest with you, I wasn't super involved in the new music scene this year, so music that defines 2013 for me includes plenty of 2012 and 2011 (example: I cheated a bit and used Ellie Goulding's re-issued expanded album "Halcyon Days" even though the original album "Halcyon" was released in 2012). Just putting that out there.

For a reminder: These albums are listed chronologically in the order of personal discovery. In other words, the top of the list is the first album of 2013 that I really loved in 2013. The bottom of the list is the most recent album of 2013 that I loved in 2013.

Suzie's Top 10 Albums of 2013

1. Native - OneRepublic

2. Save Rock And Roll - Fall Out Boy

3. Modern Vampires of the City - Vampire Weekend

4. If You Leave - Daughter

5. Halcyon Days - Ellie Goulding

6. Secondhand Rapture - MS MR

7. Bad Blood - Bastille

8. Self-Titled - The Tragic Thrills

9. Everything Is Debatable - Hellogoodbye

10. Midnight Memories - One Direction

I hope you find a new favorite after listening to an album or two from above. Anyone have their own list? Care to share? If you want some other great album suggestions I also have lists from 2012 and 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment