To be honest with you, I wasn't super involved in the new music scene this year, so music that defines 2013 for me includes plenty of 2012 and 2011 (example: I cheated a bit and used Ellie Goulding's re-issued expanded album "Halcyon Days" even though the original album "Halcyon" was released in 2012). Just putting that out there.
For a reminder: These albums are listed chronologically in the order of personal discovery. In other words, the top of the list is the first album of 2013 that I really loved in 2013. The bottom of the list is the most recent album of 2013 that I loved in 2013.
Suzie's Top 10 Albums of 2013
1. Native - OneRepublic
2. Save Rock And Roll - Fall Out Boy
3. Modern Vampires of the City - Vampire Weekend
4. If You Leave - Daughter
5. Halcyon Days - Ellie Goulding
6. Secondhand Rapture - MS MR
7. Bad Blood - Bastille
8. Self-Titled - The Tragic Thrills
9. Everything Is Debatable - Hellogoodbye
10. Midnight Memories - One Direction